- Welcome to Pennoyer School!
- Office Hours: 7:30am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday
- Parents & Students: You have 24/7 access to Discovery Education Network
- Picture Day is Thursday, October 6th
- No Classes For Students - Monday, October 10th
PENNOYER SCHOOL EMERGENCY CLOSING INFORMATION
Pennoyer School District # 79 (Pennoyer School) makes every effort to plan for inclement weather while working toward maximizing the number of days that students receive instruction on the originally adopted school calendar. For every day that school is suspended for weather conditions, students will attend school later in the summer.
Two critical factors considered are the travel conditions of area streets and the likelihood of dangerously unsafe temperatures.
When inclement weather threatens, district staff work with Township High School District 207 (Maine South) as well as other neighboring school districts to begin planning a response during the night with the goal of finalizing a plan by early the next morning (around 5:00 a.m.)
Three options are considered:
- Opening school on the regular schedule with bus transportation provided as close to the regular pick up times as possible.
- Opening school on a late start schedule of 10:00 a.m. with bus pick-ups two hours later than normal.
- Canceling attendance at all schools and adding an additional day of attendance at the end of the school year or on a previously scheduled holiday.
Every effort will be made to maintain school on a normal schedule. When it appears that some additional time will allow for the clearing of parking lots and the safe transport of students, a late start may be implemented. When it appears that parking lots and streets cannot be cleared to allow for safe bus and car travel, school will be cancelled.
The most reliable sources of information for District families are the Pennoyer School District # 79 (Pennoyer School) website www.pennoyerschool.org., the automated telephone calling system, and the emergency closing center website: www.emergencyclosings.com
Parents must update emergency alert information on an annual basis and whenever personal information is outdated - speak with the school office staff to be sure your information is up to date.