Referendum Facts and Information
WHY DOES PENNOYER NEED A $7.9 MILLION DOLLAR REFERENDUM?
Pennoyer SD79 will have a referendum question on the November 8 ballot that would fund improvements and updates to current infrastructure, classrooms, ADA upgrades and programming space such as STEAM, Maker Spaces, and our Media Center. These improvements will impact our current learners as well as our future students.
This referendum bond would provide funding for capital improvements needed to maintain Pennoyer School for future generations.
- We cannot continue to pay for capital projects out of our reserve funds.
- We need to ensure our entire school is ADA accessible.
- Systems that would be upgraded/improved and brought to date are: the gym & MPR HVAC, bathrooms & water fountains, building fire alarm, ADA upgrades to include an elevator.
Capacity and Learning Environments
Our building has had few changes over the past 66 years and is not up to today's educational standards.
- Renovate/update and relocate the Science Lab to the lower level to create a STEAM lab that will align with today’s curriculum.
- Renovate/update and relocate the Media Center to the first floor to increase functionality and provide additional space for a maker space
- Renovate/update and relocate the locker rooms to the courtyard for closer proximity to the Gym.
- Flexible learning environments to accommodate all learners and programming