Board Belief Statements and Goals
Core Values/Beliefs (We believe that…) Statements
Students and Learning We believe that…)
- All students should be challenged and engaged in learning.
- All students have individual talents, interests, and needs that should be identified and met.
- All students need a safe and positive environment in which to learn.
Teachers and Teaching (We believe that…)
- The school environment and resources are critical components to teaching and learning.
- Teachers should be invested to excel in their craft.
- Teachers are the key to student success both inside and outside the classroom.
Responsibility of the Schools to the Community and the Community to the Schools
(We believe that…)
- Partnership between the communities served and the district enable greater awareness of student needs.
- Values and beliefs of the community are very important to the success of the district.
- The district, through the board of education, serves as the steward of community assets.