English Language Arts Curriculum
The Pennoyer School District English/Language Arts program utilizes and applies best practices to create student engagement and collaboration opportunities for lifelong learners. Through the integrated K-8 curriculum (reading, writing, language, speaking, listening, and viewing) students will:
- Demonstrate foundational skills necessary for success within and beyond the classroom.
- Comprehend complex texts at grade level or above.
- Evaluate and analyze validity of sources to create critical thinking skills.
- Utilize differentiated opportunities for a variety of purposes and authentic audiences.
- Apply technology and digital media with purpose and proficiency.
- Be responsible and successful members of our diverse, ever changing world.
English Language Arts Subject Area
Melissa Tronco, Chair
Aliaa Ibrahim, Principal
Dr. Kristin Kopta, Superintendent
Copyright Pennoyer School District 79