7:250 Student Support Services
Student Support Services
The following student support services may be provided by the School District:
- Health services supervised by a qualified school nurse. The Superintendent or designee may implement procedures to further a healthy school environment and prevent or reduce the spread of disease.
- Educational and psychological testing services and the services of a school psychologist as needed. In all cases, written permission to administer a psychological examination must be obtained from a student’s parent(s)/guardian(s). The results will be given to the parent(s)/guardian(s), with interpretation, as well as to the appropriate professional staff.
- The services of a school social worker. A student’s parent/guardian must consent to regular or continuing services from a social worker.
- Guidance and school counseling services.
- A liaison to facilitate the enrollment and transfer of records of students in the legal custody of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services when enrolling in or changing schools.
The Superintendent or designee shall develop protocols for responding to students with social, emotional, or mental health needs that impact learning ability. The District, however, assumes no liability for preventing, identifying, or treating such needs.
This policy shall be implemented in a manner consistent with State and federal laws, including the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 42 U.S.C. §12101 et seq.
LEGAL REF.: 405 ILCS 49/, Children’s Mental Health Act of 2003.
740 ILCS 110/, Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Confidentiality Act.
105 ILCS 5/10-20.58.
CROSS REF.: 6:65 (Student Social and Emotional Development), 6:270 (Guidance and Counseling Program), 7:100 (Health, Eye, and Dental Examinations; Immunizations; and Exclusion of Students), 7:280 (Communicable and Chronic Infectious Diseases), 7:340 (Student Records)
First Read: February 13, 2019
Adopted: March 13, 2019