8:10 Connection with the Community
The Superintendent is the District’s chief spokesperson and shall plan and implement a District public relations program that will:
- Develop community understanding of school operation.
- Gather community attitudes and desires for the District.
- Secure adequate financial support for a sound educational program.
- Help the community feel a more direct responsibility for the quality of education provided by their schools.
- Earn the community’s good will, respect, and confidence.
- Promote a genuine spirit of cooperation between the school and the community.
- Keep the news media provided with accurate information.
The public relations program should include:
- Regular news releases concerning District programs, policies, and activities, that will be sent to the news media.
- News conferences and interviews, as requested or needed. Individuals may speak for the District only with prior approval from the Superintendent.
- Publications having a high quality of editorial content and effective format. All publications shall identify the District, school, department, or classroom and shall include the name of the Superintendent, the Building Principal, and/or the author and the publication date.
- Other efforts that highlight the District’s programs and activities.
2:110 (Qualifications, Term, and Duties of Board Officers)
First Reading: January 2014
Approval: February 2014