8:95 Parental Involvement
In order to assure collaborative relationships between students’ families and the District, and to enable parents/guardians to become active partners in their children’s education, the Superintendent shall:
- Keep parents/guardians thoroughly informed about their child’s school and education.
- Encourage parents/guardians to be involved in their child’s school and education.
- Establish effective two-way communication between parents/guardians and the District.
- Seek input from parents/guardians on significant school-related issues.
- Inform parents/guardians on how they can assist their children’s learning.
The Superintendent shall periodically report to the School Board on the implementation of this policy.
6:170 (Title I Programs), 6:250 (Community Resource Persons and Volunteers), 8:10 (Connection with the Community), 8:90 (Parent Organizations and Booster Clubs)
6:170-E1 (District Level Parental Involvement Compact in Title I Programs), 6:170-E2 (School Level Parental Involvement Compact in Title I Programs)
First Reading: January 2014